Wednesday 17 August 2011

My Design Career


Design open up a whole new different and much wider world in to me which is the reason why I want to be an industrial designer. My old vague perception about things is now put in to another level of appreciation. I want to be a designer not to be famous but to contribute towards the world and to express myself though design. Making things that will make peoples life not only easier but also to fulfil their memories with fun experiences is my target goal in designing products now and later in the future.
Art is my first love and one of my greatest best friends. It also encouraged me to do design which is for me, another way to express myself in such a unique manner. Now that I’m doing industrial design, I cannot avoid treating my design works as a delicate piece of artwork and not just a piece of product. I think this is a good thing and practice for the reason being that it makes me more aware in designing things. Furthermore, integrating art into design practice is such a fun thing to do. It pumps that adrenaline in to me to do more and more design imaginations.
Bachelor of Industrial Design is my first preference during year 12 in high school. However, not receiving enough ATAR made me study in another university.  Studying my first year of Bachelor of Industrial Design at another university made me see design as it is. I thought it was exciting and challenging. However, changing to UNSW to study the same course is a whole new different blank canvas. Design practice and teaching in UNSW made me see design as broad spectrum of light that bounces from one thing to another that create this whole new different picture. It actually changed my old simple view point about design. Design appealed to me with much deeper sense. Studying in here made every single bit of work and time input towards it worthwhile. Having all those new experiences and learning under my sleeves made it more special. Having this, what I considered a great experience, gives me humungous amount of motivation in doing design.
Being an Industrial designer will make me progress in life, now and especially in the future. Being one is not easy as well. Living in this era of design, which is jaw dropping, will push me to do better things and compete towards the wider design world. Futuristically, I would like to design and create products that will nurture people’s mind, create a product as a messenger of my own and a product that will make people’s lives. One of my dreams is to own a design firm or if not, a small design store that will also serve as design gallery with my own design works. I cannot really predict my own future in design because of possible hindrances that I will surely encounter later in my life. All I can assure is, as long as I remain motivated, adrenalized, loving what I’m doing and being myself, I would succeed and achieve my plans and goals in design.           

No comments:

Post a Comment